Tuesday 18 December 2007

Day Two Hundred and Twenty Four... weigh in... Day 1 of Route to Management!

I cycled to work this morning as usual. It was freezing as usual. What I have noticed recently is that my lips get cold easily, so when I arrive at work I can't speak properly for a while. It feel like when the dentist freezes your mouth.

Work was fairly normal other that it was the team Xmas party meal which I skipped. Instead I worked for a few extra hours and then bunked on an hour early. When I got home I made up a shake and did some cleaning. My mother arrives tomorrow for a couple of days and she'll expect the place to be impecable.

After a spot of housework I went to my Lighterlife class and had my final abstinence weigh in. I lost 5lbs. This brings my weight down to 13 stones and 2 pounds. THis gives me a total loss of over eleven stones. That's 158 pounds or 71.5kg.

After my class I got pack home, turned on the grill and cooked myself some wild salmon. I have to be honest I wasn't really excited about eating it, actually I was rather ambivelent. However, once I could smell it cooking and I knew it was for me I took a lot more interest.

I served it up on a plate. This as the first time I've eaten using a plate and cutlery for nearly eight months. I ate it flake by flake and enjoyed every bit of it. Afterwards I felt a bit thirsty so had a drink. It's only been just over half an hour since I had it, but I feel fine, the only sensation that is different is the fact I am a little more thirsty than normal and I can still taste the food in my mouth.

So, my journey starts now.

PS, thanks for the tips Mrs L. However, I've all but decided to have a wee dram at New Year. This will be two weeks early as it will be the start of week three rather than five, but since it will be in moderation and as a result of an adult desicion, not reactionary greed I'm guessing I'll be ok...

2 comments:

Mrs said...

Wow, Guinea. Phase 3 has started. Route to Management is here!!! Fantastic.

You sound sorted. Hang onto that.

A word of warning from me and my group (based on our experiences) - beware of the booze. It may be different for guys, but for most of us, it set off a sugar craze like no other. And that was hard for those of us who weren't into it before. Sorry, I really don't want to be the party pooper because God knows you've done so amazingly well and worked so hard. And it's for that reason that I say be careful.

It's not so much the decision to have it, it's the biochemistry AFTERWARDS. But now that I have warned you, I know you will be prepared.

Post-abstinence, our bodies are super sensitive to certain substances, sugar being one of them. Strictly speaking, booze shouldn't come in until sugar does since it has the same effect.

But forewarned is forearmed. Keep in touch! I shall be thinking of you. And soon you and your Mrs will be able to share meals. Fabby!

Big kiss.

Mrs Lxxxxxx

Lesley said...

Well done Guinea - you really have aced it! Keep up the good work and don't make such heavy weather of RTM as Mrs L and I have done!!

Thanks for your comment too - it helped me get my sensible head back on. I like the sound of your exercise based goals. I'm going to set a couple for myself, starting with a 10 km race in April and a half marathon in May. I keep coming back to taking up mountain biking too so that might be my spring time "new" thing.

Cheers mate and well done!! When you look back, can you believe what you've done??

Lesley x