Wednesday 18 April 2007

First Post

I've always been slightly cynical of blogs. Random people posting their drab musing into cyberspace seemed a bit pointless to me. Therefore it now feels funny writing my first blog entry. Let me explain why...

I've recently been thinking that I really should lose some weight. I am a big bloke, too big, and have been since I left school. I'm 32, work in IT and that means I generally spend my days sitting at my work desk doing not much. Recently a couple of family members have lost a lot of weight on the Lighter Life programme and I've been thinking about trying it myself. I've never really tried to lose weight so I don't know if it's easy or not.

The reason I'm mentioning it here is that I've seen a lot of blogs of people losing weight and the routine of blogging seems to help as much as the regime of the diet. So I guess this blog is some sort of cathartic crutch.

I guess I may stray into my hobbies and interests. I love photography, travelling and fishing. If I blog about my life, these will appear lots.

I'm not sure if I'll disclose my real name, maybe in time.

No comments: