Monday 30 April 2007

New Lens

As I've previously mentioned I have a few hobbies. One of the things I love most about them is the fact that you get so much enjoyment out of them when you're not actively participating.

I like fishing so I read magazines, books, internet forums, clean my equipment, tie flies and generally keep myself busy for hours without actually wetting a fishing line.

Photography is the same. I read forums on the web for hours. I look at galleries, research individual photographers, read up on techniques and get reviews on my own work.

There is one thing that unites all my hobbies. Spending cash. I love to spend time and money on precisely the right equipment. Over the last few weeks I've been looking at adding a new telephoto lens to my camera outfit. I got down a shortlist of three which would all do a great job for me. I asked on a couple of internet forums for advice and it was pretty evenly spread - they are all great.

Anyway, tonight I spent the cash and ordered the Canon 300mm F/4L IS. I'm never normally nervous about buying equipment, but for some reason this one leaves a little voice nagging in my head. The thing about lenses is that you can never be sure you'e got the right one until you try it.

Here's hoping we get on.

No comments: