Saturday 10 November 2007

Day One Hundred and Eighty Six...

I was desperate to get out on the bike today, but since I had no decent clothes that fitted me I decided to go to decathlon and get some gear instead.

I got a nice jacket and a pair of lycra tights. Yup, lycra tights. I can't believe I am going to end up wearing tights. A couple of months ago I wouldn't dream of wearing them and now I'll happily go out in public with them on.

Someone asked me if I had a before and after picture. I haven't posted one of those on here yet, so it seems like a good time.

Here's me a month before starting Ligherlife weighing 24 stones and 6 pounds. This was a dress up for work day for comic relief.



And here I am today at around 14 stone and 10 pounds. I put on my new tights and jacket...




Tomorrow I am off to go indoor skydiving. Right back at the start of the programme I tried to find things to to that I couldn't do when fat. Skydiving is one. The missus decided to treat me to some lessons and tomorrow is the big day. I'm really looking forward to it.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Bloody hell!! You are unrecognizable!! Well done mate - that is awesome.

And the toys you have now got access to are great too. I have a keen road cycling friend who goes on trips every year to Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, the Pyrenees, Sierra Nevada etc and he absolutely raves about Alpe D'Huez so I'm sure you'll love it. what a great challenge.

Well done

Lesley x

Mrs said...

Blimey O Riley!!!!

Dear Guinea - what an incredible job you have done. I am totally in awe of your achievement and, if you don't mind, I'm going to do another signpost to the blog (this one). I did via the forum the other day.

You are, literally, a different person!! How do you feel? I think you are quite right to be smug!

Sending you respect across the internet!!!!

Big kiss.

Mrs Lxxxxxxxxx