Monday 28 May 2007

Day Seventeen...

We left London for our weekend retreat at 1pm in the hope of beating some bank holiday traffic. Fat chance. It took nearly an hour to get to the M4 and then it was more or less solid until we turned onto the M5. The M5 was even worse. Eventually we arrived about 7 hours after we left.

Anyway, we arrived at Coham Manor, chose a bedroom and made ourselves at home. There were 16 of us, so each couple paired off and booked a room.

It had been arranged that each group would do different tasks through the week - cooking, washing up etc... However, I decided to skip mealtimes altogether. It would have been to hard for me to sit through them all enjoying three course dinners every night. So while they ate, I played snooker or on the Wii.

I had to explain, again and again, why I wasn't eating and drinking but most people were very supportive.

No comments: