Thursday 10 May 2007

Four Litres A Day

As part of the Lighterlife diet you have to drink a lot of water. I mean a lot. 4 Litres doesn't sound like a lot when it's written on a page, but you try to drink it.

I think I've drunk at least 4 litres in the last two days. At work it's easy, I just wander up to the water cooler, drink a 250ml glass and take another back to my desk - bingo, I've drunk 1/2 a litre.

At home it's much harder. There's no water cooler so I have to drink tap water. Tap water tastes more or less the same as water from the cooler, but, no matter how long you run the tap for, it's warmer. Warmer water tastes bad. So I'm definitely no keeping the fluid intake high enough at home. I'll have to work on that, especially at the weekends.

A product of drinking so much is obvious. I pee a lot. At least once an hour through the afternoon I have to head to the loo. I'm hoping my team don't notice. I was warned by my counsellor that that would happen, but I didn't believe it would happen to me. I was up a couple of times in the night, so this evening I'm not going to drink after ten o'clock.

No comments: