Tuesday 4 September 2007

Day One Hundred and Nineteen...

I reread some of my earlier blog posts tonight. One of the things that meant a lot was the first time someone who didn't know about my diet mentioned that I'd lost weight. I still get enjoyment out of it, but now it's getting a bit dull. I answer the same set of questions three to four times a day.

I don't mind, but this programme does take over every part of your life. All of my thoughts are around keeping on the straight and narrow or working out how maintenance will work for me. What I'd like to do is be able to banish all thoughts of food and the diet so it becomes incidental to my life. Then when I finish abstinence I'm not going to simply change my focus to food and screw everything up.

Today I had a guy tell me that I was an inspiration as he's been looking at losing weight. This isn't the first time I've been told I've been an ispiriation due to my weight loss, but so far I've noticed no difference in those I've inspired.

There was a tube strike in London today so half the department turned up late and left early. I got on my high horse since I cycle in and am unaffected. However, it did piss me off that people didn't make an extra effort to get in on time. It's not the company's fault that people's journeys takes longer and they shouldn't have to pay. We're far too soft though, and since all of the other managers were letting their staff go I didn't have a leg to stand on, but still, I had a good grumble. I'm definitely turning into a grumpy old man.

The missus is in Belgium tonight with work and is just about to call to wish me night night, so I better go.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Yeah - I've had 3 women say they're going to start LL because of me and another 2 who professed to be seriously interested and asked for details etc. One did start and dropped out after 3 weeks. One has started but I haven't seen her for a few weeks so no idea (I suspect not seeing her is a good sign as she's normally in the pub!), the other never quite started! The other 2 keep saying they "really should look into finding a counsellor!". It's not the sort of thing you put off - you either do it or not.

Still, it's great that people have been impressed and you never know -it might sink in one day.

Lesley

Mrs said...

Well done, oh inspirational one!

In the meantime, I think LL goes in phases - sometimes it feels all encompassing, sometimes food isn't on the radar.

I have it on very good authority that it becomes habitual (and less mentally taxing).

We can do this!

Mrs L xxxx