Sunday 16 September 2007

Day One Hundred and Thirty...

I was really looking forward to the weekend, so I got up early and got my fishing tackle ready. When fly fishing all of your kit fits into you waistcoat. Unfortunately mine is now far too large for me, so the first stop before going to the lake was to get a new one.

I tried on a large expecting it to fit, but it was American sized so I ended up going for a medium. It feels really weird buying medium clothes. It would be a little tight under a jacket, but in no time at all it will fit me perfectly. They are pretty expensive bits of kit, so I didn't want to buy it twice.

It was a lovely day, but the fishing was hard. I could see all the fish shoaled up going round in circles, but they were not interested in anything I presented them with. When it gets warm the trout can become completely disinterested in feeding and it looked like on of those days. After a couple of hours I gave up and went home to watch the rugby.

At night I photographed a lot of my older fishing gear and placed it on ebay. If I get what I expect then I'll be about £500 to the good, so I have my fingers crossed.

I should also place my waistcoat and jacket up for sale too.

No comments: