Sunday 9 September 2007

Day One Hundred and Twenty Four...

Tonight I've managed to finish all the work I needed to for tomorrow. I also managed a trip into town to put my watch in for repairs and watched 4 matched of rugby. There were no susprises, and my team, Scotland, had a fairly decent game against rank outsiders Portugal.

So tomorrow I start my new job. Much more responsibility and a far bigger team. It's what I've been asking for a long time, but now the enormity of it is setting in. I will be the Head of Operations for just about the biggest website on the planet as well as be responsible for the operational delivery of 'the red button' on TV. Holy shit.

I've ironed my new shirts to get the horible new creases out of them, ironed my slightly too large for me trousers and buffed up my new shoes. I've really only ever worn casual clothes at work which I could just about get away with in my last role, but now I have to tow the line and get into some shirts. When I lose all the weight I need to I'll get some nice shirts made to measure for me, but in the mean time M&S will do.

1 comment:

Mrs said...

CONGRATULATIONS WEBSITE BIG CHEESE!

Hope your first day was fabby in your new high profile role.

Well done.

Mrs Lxxxxx