Thursday 20 September 2007

Day One Hundred and Thirty Five...

I awok early and looked to get ready for fishing. UNfortunately the wind was too high and I didn't want to risk it in the kayak. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, so I went back to bed. THe missus decided she was too ill for work so we just had a sleep in for a while.

Eventually I got up and checked in to my work email. I then found that my fishfinder had been delivered to the office, so I decided to pop in to get it. Big mistake. It took me hours to get out again.

Once I escaped I quickly called in to Argos. I need a cordless drill as the drill I have will not work in my powerless garage. Argos sell one for £7.95. It is junk, but all I need it for is drilling through the plastic of the kayak, so I got the cheapest available.

All I need to source now is some of the correct sealant. So far nowhere I have checked in London sell it. I am hoping I don't have to take a trip out of town tomorrow to hold of some.

So, although I'm unlikey to be going fishing tomorrow, I am planning on spending a few hours "pimping my 'yak".

I need to go now and drink a lot of water. I never seem to keep on top of it an days I spend at home. I've probably only had about 1.5 litres today, so I guess I'll be spending a lot of time between the kitchen and the bathroom for the rest of the night.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

LOL - will it have a two tone paint jobs and alloy paddles!!?

I'm the same with water at home - at work, no problem. At home - I just forget and then around 3pm realise I've only had 1 pint or something daft - a total pain. not too bad if I go to the pub because I'll down a fair few bottles of sparkling stuff at vast expense but at home, not great!

I'm interested to see a 'pimped' Kayak so hope there'll be a picture in due course!

Mrs said...

Hi Guinea

Just catching up - it's all going on again. The course sounds amazing!

Two questions - did you see the Standard this week (if you were tubing it, chances are you did)? There was a piece by Andrew Gilligan (yes!) about cycling and weight loss. He looks like a different man!

And second, I'd like to know what happens in your classes? Where are you? Is there Development for men? I'm just really curious as I get no sense of what support you are getting.

And well done on the weight loss; how tall are you? Whoops, that's three questions!

Also looking forward to your Kayak Krib (sic)!!!
xxxx