Thursday 20 September 2007

Day One Hundred and Thirty Four...

I started a course tonight. To keep myself safe on the kayak I decided to get a bit of knowledge on the theory of the sea. I need to understand the tides, charts, buoys etc... I found out through a friend that a training provider does courses at my work, so I have enrolled in the RYA Day Skipper course.

These run every Wednesday until December when I have a couple of exams. I'm looking forward to it a lot. Last night we learned how to use the charts, get bearings, judge distance and use the plotter and dividers. To be honest, most of that information is irrelevant when you have a GPS, but it's fun to learn new stuff.

This makes the day very long. I didn't get home until nearly eleven, at which point I had to quickly neck down two shakes. The missus has the flu and I am starting to get a sore throat. However, I have booked Thursday and Friday off work to go fishing and hopefully fix my GPS and Fishfinder to the kayak.

No comments: