Friday 14 September 2007

Day One Hundred and Twenty Eight...

Work was been much the same as the rest of the week. I am definitely getting more comments about my weight. A few of the lassies at work have started to say nice things too. Previously it's mostly been blokes that have commented which surprised me, but now the fairer sex are also paying me compliments.

I was talking about my weight loss and my promotion with my brother on the phone when he said, do you think it's the weight you've lost or the promotion that is generating the comments from the ladies. He's a such a cynical bastard.

When I got home I didn't do much. I was pretty tired so we went to bed early and watched a film. It was the second Pirates of the Caribbean film. It was pants.

I read Lesley's comment today congratulating me for not eating when I was stressed. I have to admit the thought never even entered my head. But it got me thinking. Warning, the following is just a brain dump and may be complete bollocks.

It's funny, Lighterlife tries to make you face up to your emotional need for food. I've never believed I over ate because I was depressed. I ate and drank too much because I liked it, was too greedy, and didn't know when to stop. I've never knowingly binged because I was unhappy.

Maybe I am deluding myself, but I'm trying to be as honest as I can. When I read people's blog posts about them eating because they're unhappy, or because certain moods trigger cheating, I struggle to empathise.

For me it boils down to excuses. I've never wanted or needed an excuse to eat whatever I like. If I wanted to have it, I just did. I've never felt the need to justify it.

Having grown up with alcoholism I know that alcoholics live their life actively looking for an excuse to drink. They can then blame something or someone else for their relapses. Ask yourself are you in that boat?

No comments: