Sunday 16 September 2007

Day One Hundred and Thirty One...

The missus left the flat this morning before 6am on her way to Buckingham Palace to start her charity cycle run to Windsor Castle. I was expecting a call around 11am to go and pick her up, but unstead she finished before 10, so I had to go early. She managed to cycle the 45 miles in under three hours, so well done her.

After dropping her and her friends off in London I drove to Southampton to go to the boat show. I decided to go and see if I could pick ap a few bits and bobs for the kayak.

I got a hand held VHF radio (think walkie talkie) and a combination GPS/Fishfinder. They didn't have the fishfinder I wanted in stock, but I paid for it and should receive it midweek. The boat show was huge. There were so many displays and stands for anything to do with boating. From huge engines, to kayaks, to boat carpeting the show had it all. I did realise just how rich you have to be to have one of these things. Even some of the cheap ones were £200K. The weather was lovely for most of the day, but as I left is started to rain, so I had to run for my car.

The journey back up the M3 and M4 was awful. It took an hour and a half to get down and three and a half to get back.

Anyway, I've got to go and iron my shirts for the week and massage the missus' stiff legs.

No comments: