Wednesday 12 September 2007

Day One Hundred and Twenty Five...

It's been a couple of days since I last posted, but as you may have guessed from previous posts I've been a little busy.

On Monday morning I woke up a few minutes before the alarm and quickly showered and dressed. I dressed smart for work with my new well fitting shirts and my new shoes. I decided to get the tube to work so that I didn't crumple all my clothes in my cycle bag. I was presenting to the team and senior management so I wanted to look as good as I could.

This was the day that my department was created and the first my new team would hear of it. The day passed in a blur and everything went well. There was a management drink 'wash-up' at the end of the day where we compared notes and had a beer or two. Of course, I stayed away from the nibbles and only drank water.

The day was a success and all the preparation seemed to pay off. Now the hard work actually starts, but I am really looking forward to the challenge.

At night I got a really disturbing call that a family member had sold some of my newly acquired land and a local developer was building a house. I was very worried about this but there was nothing I could do about it as it was late at night.

The paper work for my ownership hasn't come through yet, so technically it would be possible that this may happen. This would be a major headache as it is in the way of where I want to build a house myself.

I went to bed pretty angry on what should have been a great day.

No comments: