Wednesday 27 June 2007

Day Fifty...

Wow. Yesterday I shed my 50th pound and today I completed my 50th day on Lighterlife. Now I've reached a double half century and am feeling pretty pleased.

When I started this programme I didn't know if I had the will power or the drive to do it. However after the first few weeks things have got a lot easier. There has beent he occaisional slip when I start to think about the food I'm missing, but monstly it' easy. I'm very happy to have got this far.

Next week I will have completed my first cycle of abstinence. Men are on packs of food for 8 weeks and expect to lose 3 stones. I have already surpassed that by half a stone, so seem to be doing well. I'm guessing I'll got straight onto another 8 week cycle and try to lose another 3 stones. Considering that I will not have the large losses of week one on my second cycle, 3 stones looks like an ambitious, but acheivable target.

I still have a nagging feeling about keeping the weight off in the future. I was reading another weightloss blog of a guy who lost 170lbs. Within a year and a half after hitting target his weight went up to over 500lbs. There are very few success stories from people who have kept the weight of year after year. Every statistic I read says that people almost always put the weight back on. I don't want to do that.

What I'd like to see is real numbers for people on Lighterlife, or any other diet one, two and three years after finishing.

No comments: