Thursday 11 October 2007

Day One Hundred and Fifty Six...

I woke very late this morning. Normally I am up early every day, but since I started Lighterlife I've definitely been sleeping more. This morning I slep straight through until 9am. I don't think I've slept that late for 10 years.

I arose very fast, showered, iron my clothes and ran for the tube. When I got there the Cenral Line was knackered so I emailed work from the Blackberry and was told that everyone else was late for the same reason. Sometimes the tube delays can help.

At lunch I popped off home to drive to Shoeburyness in Essex to pick up a drysuit. I'd picked the one I fancies online and wanted to try one one for size. I though I may be somewhere between a medium and a large. I tried the medium but it was too short. Apparently they're only for folk up to 5'10" and I am 6'2". I couldn't stand up in it. However, I tried on the large sized one and it was perfect.

http://www.wetsuitoutlet.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=28_97_99&products_id=29 - I got it in the red colour. I also got a free fleece suit thrown in which just looks like a big grey romper suit. I topped off the spending spree with a pair of boots and a pair of warm gloves. I now have everything I need to keep myself alive on the water in winter.

On my way home the missus called me from France to say her flight to Heathrow was cancelled due to fog so she has to stay the night. So I'm on my own again tonight. I didn't want to do a secone night without updating the blog, so I logged on, but I will not go to my work email.

I'm going to iron tomorrow's shirt and go to bed with a book.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW Guinea I have just caught up on yours 8 stone is amazing well done - I am up to 6 but no longer in full abstinence -but hey well done your achievment is amazing x

Mrs said...

Guinea

You are back! I kept checking and then thought it might have been work (and hoped it was nothing serious)...and yes, it was the former. Mostly. And then you added a flurry of posts. Phew.

It was great to read about your progress although not such happy news about your Mrs. Very sorry to hear about that and the effects she is experiencing right now. Please offer good wishes from a virtual chum, if that's appropriate.

Re work: your role is BIG, BIG, BIG so I really hope you are enjoying it. You are having too many meetings though!!!

You are doing amazingly well, Guinea. Congratulations!!! I am glad, as a loyal reader first and a fellow LL'er second, that you have decided to continue to post. It DOES make a difference.

Just a teeny tiny request...what sort of counselling are you getting now? I would love some insight into that/your classes.

And finally, if you are still having recruitment problems (that was shocking!), I genuinely know a couple of people who would be ideal! Really I do. If you want to email me, please do: thelardarms@hotmail.co.uk.

Take care and have a lovely weekend. It's really great to have you back in the fold. And once again, massive round of applause for your progress.

Mrs Lxxxxxxxxxx