Monday 8 October 2007

Day One Hundred and Forty Two...

I started the day with my regular trip to the doctor for my Lighterlife update. I got my blood pressure checked which came back 127/87 which is just about perfect.

He quizzed me for a while about the programme and I answered as truthfully as I could. He asked me if I'd recommend it to others and I found it hard to answer.

Lighterlife is not for everyone. I think if you give someone the options and spell out what it will really mean for them then they would be armed to make the desicion themselves. However, I think that recommending someone starts this programme not understanding that it required constant sacrifice would be a mistake.

This is easy to follow if you have the right mindset, but would be a nightmare if you can't say no or can't resist peer pressure. You have to think about this diet hard and be ready for the ups and downs that will come your way.

At night I popped down and picked up the week's food. It was the counsellor's husband handing out the food and I didn't hang around to get weighed. I just paid my money and ran.

No comments: