Monday 8 October 2007

Day One Hundred and Forty One...

I had my RYA Day Skipper course today. We learned about yachts and powerboats and what all the bits are. I now know the difference between a Genoa and a jib and know my sheets from my warp.

This stuff will not help me paddle my kayak any faster, but I just love to learn, so am having fun anyway.

I got a message from a fellow LL'er today that the counsellor made contact with him and that there would be foodpacks available on Thursday night. Although I have just about enough food to last until next week it would involve eating more bars than normal and some flavours that I don't really like these days.

When I left the course it was about 10.30pm. The first thing I noticed was how cold it was. I was freezing as I waited at the station to take me home. When I arrived I knocked back a couple of shakes and read in bed before going to sleep.

No comments: