Monday 8 October 2007

Day One Hundred and Fifty...

A century and a half of days gone on this crazy diet and things are still going well.

I'm starting to notice more and more definition on my face. I've actually got bones under there. My collar bones now permanently jut out and my double chin has all but gone. When I sleep on my side my knees are so bony it hurts and I have to move position.

I still don't feel a lot different, but when I catch myself in the mirror when I'm dressed I certainly see it.

I nipped out at lunch today to get a new winter jacket. I've really been feeling the cold recently but had nothing to wear as my jackets are all far to big for me. I was quite happy to get into a medium jacket, which although a little close fitting, will be perfect for the weeks ahead. I am guessing that I will never be below a medium size so I am happy to spend the cash for clothes I will get longer use from.

I also had some annoying news about someone I recently offered a post to. We'd agreed a starting salary for the person who is joining us on a scheme which helps accident victims back to work. Unfortunately it seems that the salary I offered was far higher than the agreed amount for people coming in from that scheme.

I have kicked off big time about this as the scheme only pays about £50 a day and I think paying someone as little as that is really taking advantage. The candidate got the job on merit and should not get a lower rate due to having a minor disability. The person has actually accepted the role on the lower pay, they thought they were getting that amount anyway, but I feel that we're exploiting them.

When I got home I spent the evening with the missus tidying the spare room and sitting room so that it was child friendly. I have lots of bits and bobs from fly tying including hooks and sharp tools which we need to keep right out of my nephew's reach

No comments: