Tuesday 16 October 2007

Day One Hundred and Sixty...

With the missus away and me not having anything planned then the inevitable happened and I just spent all night working on Monday. I found it quite productive, but hard going too. I often wonder where the point that your work becomes worthless is. I'm sure after 12 hours the output becomes crap.

I wrote a report on a supplier and rereading it the next day I could work out what point I was trying to make, so the work is just wasted. Normally I am fairly coherent and concise, but this is long winded and far too circular and repetitive.

I definitely think I should attend some kind of writing course. My prose is never the best, but I find it hard to work out how to criticise my own output as I read it in my own head at my own pace. I have no real idea how it 'sounds' to other readers. My mother is a writer so I should have the genes, but I've never really spent enough time crafting these skills.

No comments: