Tuesday 16 October 2007

Day One Hundred and Sixty One...weigh in

My weigh in was back to normal this week with a loss of 5lbs. This brings my total loss to 123lbs. This also means I now weigh under 16 stones and if we switch to metric means I weigh less than 100kgs.

I have no idea when the last time I weighed under 100kgs, but I am guessing it would have been secondary school. With a few more weeks like this week I should have lost all the weight I need to by Xmas. It would be nice to be able to have a little turkey on Christmas Day as part of maintenance.

Tonight I tried the new peanut crunch bar. It is the nicest thing I have tried on the Lighterlife programme. It is the first bit of food I would actually chose to each when I finished the diet. It tastes like a tracker bar, which was one of my favourite treats before I started. I got 7 for the week.

I actually felt a bit weird getting food I like. Since I started this journey I've stopped looking at mealtimes as food and they are definitely not things I look forward to or enjoy much. I am definitely just refuelling when I eat these days. However, these bar will change that relationship as I may actually look forward to eating them. Dare I say it, they may even offer temptation to eat more than I should?

Maybe I overreacting - it has been nearly 6 months since I ate something I've properly enjoyed.

No comments: