Monday 8 October 2007

Day One Hundred and Forty... weigh in

Today marks the end of twenty weeks on Lighterlife.

As I have repeated many times it's been pretty much plain sailing after the first few weeks. I've had a fairly average week this week which means I've stuck to the plan and have probably lost around 3-5lbs. Back in the old days I'd have lost5-7lbs, but things are slower these days.

I popped down to see the counsellor as usual at night, but the door was locked when I got there. There is a women's group before the men's, so it's unusual to see nobody there. I new my regular counsllor would not be there, but we were expecting to get the locum.

After half an hour of waiting I left and went home foodless. I wasn't too worried as I guessed I'd have enough at home. However, I was upset at not getting weighed. My scles at home weigh me higher than the official Lighterlife scales, so are not an accurate indication of my progress.

When I got back home I counted out my packs. I had 26 left over, which at a scrape would get me though to the next session. On the plus side, I'd saved £66.

The reason I had so many is that a few times when I was working late nights and split shifts I got mixed up and didn't eat all my food. On top of that, every now and again I miss one during the day and don't want to catch up at bed time since it means getting up in the night for a piss.

I did feel sorry for the guy who'd just started the week before though. He'd had a good abstinant week and now had no food. Of course I offered a share of my spares, but he refused.

No comments: