Monday 8 October 2007

Day One Hundred and Forty Nine...

Today was supposed to be the day I started to hire my management team. I had two strong candidates lined up for interview in the afternoon and I was looking forward to offering one a job. Unfortunately the first phoned to cancel first thing in the morning and the second failed to turn up.

I was gutted. I'd put a lot of effort into hiring recently and the quality of applications has either been crap or they've been snapped up elsewhere or they simply haven't turned up. The light I saw at the end of the tunnel this morning looks a little dimmer.

I was pretty pissed off when I got home and it didn't get much better for the rest of the night. The missus has been unwell recently and things got complicated. She was diagnosed with MS a couple of years ago. This has been mostly fine with occasional small relapses but recently she's had another. This time though the symptoms are a bit more frightening. She's lost her sense of taste and a bit of here hearing. To be more precise, food she used to love now tastes bad and she has muffled hearing in one ear. Admittedly these aren't the worst things that can happen to an MS sufferer, but they have a huge impact on our lives and constantly remind us that this shadow has not gone away.

No comments: