Sunday 5 August 2007

Day Eighty Nine...

Well, I managed a full day wihout buying something. That makes a bit of a change.

I had to wash the car down today. When I put the kayak on the roof after my paddle it dripped salty water all over it. Today it looked like I had salt caskes all over it. To be honest that was about the most interesting thing I got up to.

I had a wander out in the sunshine and felt the baking heat. At the moment I am glad I'm in ketosis. Normally I cannot sleep during the hot, clammy nights of mid summer in London. However, since one of the side effects of Lighterlife is to feel a bit cooler, I've been fine.

Since I've had a thoroughly dull day with nothing of note to write about I thought I'd bring up another Lighterlife side effect. I've been avoiding mentioning this, but what the hell. My mouth is pretty horrible. Right from the start my tongue when a funny colour and my breath started to smell. So I bushed my teeth for longer, scraped my tongue daily (ugh) and used lots of mouthwash. This still doesn't really work. Right at the back of my tongue there is a built up of gunk that seems to grow. If I haven't had a drink for a couple of hours I can actually feel it. If I scrape it with something long I can get out gelatinous lumps. These stink really bad. I can't drink anymore water than I am at the moment and I have good dental hygiene.I spend at least a minute a day holding down my tongue with my left had and brushing it as far back as I can. What more can I do?

2 comments:

Mrs said...

Sadly, Guinea, the price of rapid weight loss is...rank breath!

Well, this is what I am telling myself after my husband keeps avoiding me!! Ha ha!

I am also obsessed by good dental hygiene - bad breath and BO being big fears - so now I make a bit of a joke about it (bad breath) and stand back.

Not sure what else you can do; either check with your LLC or I could post on the forum for you and see what comes back?

Mrs Lxxxx

Lesley said...

I had a horible mouth for ages but it did seem to disappear (and husband confirmed this) before the end of Foundation for me. I think you just have to put up with it though and hope that it will disappear eventually.

I know I haven't worried about my breath and nasty tasting mouth for months now but it was a major issue at the outset.

I too can't get over the temperature change I have experienced since being in ketosis/losing weight. I have always struggled with being too hot, sweating etc. Now I have to take extra jumpers everywhere and happily sleep through the night with my duvet tucked up round my shoulders. My husband even said that he'd noticed how he has to turn the shower temperature right down after I've been in there as he can't tolerate the heat I enjoy. Wuss!!

I hope that changes back to normal (whatever that is) in time for winter though as otherwise our heating bills are going to go through the roof! The fire will never be unlit.

Have a good week Guinea.

Lesley x