Friday 31 August 2007

Day One Hundred and Fifteen...

It's the end of the week, and what a week it's been. Monday's long drive from Scotland wasn't much fun, but since then it's got better and better.

On Tuesday I managed to lose 8lbs on my weigh in. On Wednesday I got my new team structure all approved. On Thursday I had a really pleasant and relaxing evening in and managed to catch up on sleep. Today was the best of all. I got my new job title and grade through and it is everything I hoped for. On top of that, I got a phone call from Internal Communications asking me if they could send a photographer around to do a photo shoot on me as I've been nominated/recommended for some kind of internal recognition or award. She was pretty coy as to what it was all about, but I was pleased.

Tonight after work I celebrated with a raspberry shake and a glass of water. I also put the roof rack on the car in preparation for tomorrow's trip to Brighton. The missus has arranged a huge boat trip for about 40 mates, and I'm tagging along in the kayak. This will be the first time I actually fish from the thing, so I'm looking forward to it.

The diet was good this week too. Lots of water has been drunk and I've been on the bike every day except thursday. It will be interesting to see how this is reflected in next week's loss. So far, the more active I am the less I lose. I've no idea why, but I'm hoping this week bucks the trend.

1 comment:

Mrs said...

"So far, the more active I am the less I lose. I've no idea why, but I'm hoping this week bucks the trend."

He who builds muscle (from being more active...) loses less weight - in the SHORT TERM - but becomes a lean, mean fat-burning machine!

Way to go on a fantastic week. Well done; a joy to read.

Mrs Lxxxxxxxxxxx