Monday 20 August 2007

Day One Hundred and Four...

I checked the forecast last night hoping for sun so I could get back on the bike. The forecast said it would be good so I was looking forward to getting on the saddle for a quick sprint to work.

However, as I looked out the bedroom window this morning I was not greeted by a lovely yellow sun. Instead it was pissing rain. So I was back on the tube.

I got to work and had a fairly regular Monday. The only difference was that I had two new starters to look after. This can be pretty time consuming, but luckily these guys seemed to be able to find their own feet pretty quickly.

When I got home I was presented a whole bunch of CDs from the missus from the bands we liked at the weekend. These should provide good listening in the car on the journey to Skye on Wednesday. She also, as a congratulations for my promotion, bought be a Nintendo DS computer console. She's a cracker. The games for it don't arrive until tomorrow, but she's not the kind of person who'd wait until the next day to get me the whole present. She's far too excitable for that.

Lesley asked in a comment if she likes the new shaped me. To be honest, I'm not sure she notices that much. We were looking through photos last night of me three months ago. She said that she never realised I was so big. She's been very supportive of me after a shaky start, but I don't think she realises how much I've lost. At the start of the programme she was really worried about us not eating, drinking and going out together. 104 days in this hasn't been anything like the problem we thought it would be.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

That's cool. I suppose if your spouse wasn't overly conscious of you being overweight and wasn't ptting pressure on you to lose weight then they are less likely to have a strong opinion when you lose it?! My H nagged and nagged me about my weight and, to be honest, wasn't exactly pleasant about me being fat but was very supportive about the loss and can't get over the extent of my sucess now. So I do have some issues about his past behaviour but can't fault his current attitude (which is probably why I asked the question in the first place).

She's obviously happy with you anyway, to have treated you all the good stuff!!

Keep it up.

Lesley x