Tuesday 28 August 2007

Day One Hundred and Twelve... weigh in

It was great to be back on the bike this morning. I've been off it for a while due to having a sore knee and then the bad weather so I was delighted to be hammering along to work. I kept in a low gear and kept my cadence high to relieve any pressure from my knee.

Work was crazy. Two days away from the office has meant my inbox and calendar has gone out of control. It took most of the day, and an hour or two tonight to get it back in order.

When I made it home I tinkered in the garage for a while and went to my weigh in. I hadn't weighed myself whilst I was away until I was at my mother's house. I had a good result there, but wasn't sure about her scales. This morning I had a low reading on my own scales so I had an indication tonight's loss would be high.

It was high. I lost 8lbs this week. Add that to last week's total and I've lost a stone in a fortnight. Lesley accused me of understating my hapiness last week, so, for the record, WOOOPEEE.

I'm delighted. Last week I was probably more relieved that I had a big loss since it had been so long since I made a large gain. This week I am truly buzzing. I have lost 8lbs after my 5th week, but this means so much more. I have now lost a total of 94lbs.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Good to have you back Guinea and I'm grinning inanaely at the computer now after catching up with your doings!!

Well done on the 8lbs!! That is brilliant and I'm sure you are uzzing now - the Whooppee convinced me!!

Glad you had a good time in Skye although shame about the weather. It must feel great having a little slice of heaven tied up and waiting for you when you're ready to move back up there. Congratulations.

Not long now 'til you hit the big 100....that's some landmark. I remember feeling like a proper loser then. Keep it up. This determination and all the exercising and new passtimes will really help you maintain this new shape forever.

Lesley x