Sunday 19 August 2007

Day One Hundred and Three...

I had planned to spend a little time in bed this morning as I got to bed late after the festival yesterday. However, my mother, who knows I always get up early, decided to phone and chat. So my lay in was cancelled.

I wanted to go out and get some fly tying kit and possibly a new graphics card for my PC as my computer is playing up at the moment.

As I got dressed I decided to try on a pair of trousers I bought a few weeks ago. They were much too small for me, but they were on sale so I bought them. This morning I could put them on easily. They were a little too tight, but nothing I'm not used to, so I kept them on. That made me pretty happy. I can now wear trousers smaller than when I first met the missus. I'm guessing she'll have to get used to a smaller me.

The fishing shop didn't have anything I wanted in stock which was a shame. I went to PC world afterwards to get the graphics card, but they were all so expensive compared to internet prices that I didn't bother getting anything there either.

So I had an unsuccessful shopping trip, but I didn't mind. It's been a while since I didn't spend cash.

3 comments:

Lesley said...

Must be a novel experience for you!!

Good to hear about the smaller trousers - is your wife impressed and happy with the changes you've been making (and I don't mean the purchases - LOL)? My husband is over the moon with his "new" wife!

Lesley x

Amanda said...

Great news on the trousers, it's a nice feeling when you can get into something smaller.

I nearly made the mistake of putting away a smaller size, thinking I wouldn't be able to wear them for at least a couple of months. I tried them on anyway and I could do them up & should be able to wear them in a couple of weeks, which totally amazed me!!

Anyway, sounds like you had a great weekend.

Amanda x

Mrs said...

Hey Guinea

Just checking in; it's all go for you!

Well done! You're doing really well. Smaller trousers - always a winner.

Mrs Lxxx