Tuesday 28 August 2007

Day One Hundred and Eight...

We got up early in the morning and made haste to Portree to do the documentation on the land transfer. This part of the process all went smoothly. The transfer now gets ratified by the Crofter's Commission and the Scottish Office and I become a farmer! Although I will not be moving there for a number of years, it's really great to have my future secured.

After we'd signed the documents we went to the cafe for breakfast. The missus and my dad had cooked breakfasts while I made my excuses and found somewhere to get my hair cut.

Mindful of the fact I promised to get some photos on this blog we decided to travel to some of the more picturesque parts of the Island. Unfortunately the weather didn't want to play ball. I'll post some examples of what we were up against later.

At night we went to the local pub. I got some strange glances as I downed my water, but it was fine. After a few games of pool we went home. It was funny driving back from the pub. Normally it's about a 1/2 mile walk, sometimes in pitch blackness, so driving felt like cheating. I love that walk to the house. It's so quiet, other than the lapping of the sea there is no noise. In London you get used to the background hum, but that noise doesn't exist on Skye.

No comments: