Wednesday 15 August 2007

Day Ninety Eight... weigh in

I set the alarm to get up early on Tuesday. I had the first review of our revised contract with one of our suppliers. I didn't know how it would go as we had added and taken a few things from what we wanted to do. I thought we'd done a fair job in preparing, but you never know how it will be seem from the other side.

In the meeting things went very amicably and we reach broad agreements in principle. The lawyers will have to cross the Ts and dot the Is, but we're happy with it. This was a big relief as I have carefully built good trusting relationships with this suppliers over the last few years. The last thing I wanted to do was compromise that in any way. It looks like we're both happy, so I am delighted.

After that good start I didn't think the day could get any better. I was wrong.

I had a one to one with a senior manager about the incoming restructure and have been asked to prepare some figures. I already have the numbers as I've been working on a proposal for my operation team for many months. It seems I have got everything I wanted in increased staff numbers and the structure I think the business needs. I've also got a promotion, although I still have to negotiate over my grade and salary.

I was on a high for the rest of the day. I wanted to go for a bottle of bubbly and a nice meal with the missus. Instead I had a raspberry shake a a couple of pints of water.

In the evening I went for my weigh in. I haven;t weighed myself in the week. I've just stuck to the programme. I've had far more than the minimum amount of water every day and had every one of my food packs at regular intervals. I followed Lighterlife to perfection. At the weigh in I lost another 4lbs. This takes my total to 80lbs in 14 weeks. This is still disappointingly low, but it looks like my body is deciding to stabilise my losses at between 3-4lbs a week. I used to be around double that for the first two months. I want the glory days back.

1 comment:

anita said...

Guinea

I think 80lbs in 14 weeks is really good - that averages at 5.7lbs per week which is excellent. I've missed keeping up with everyones blog but am now playing catch up so trying to read all the old posts I've missed but this could take some time.

Well Done you and enjoy your time away.

Anita