Tuesday 7 August 2007

Day Ninety One... weigh in

I have now completed thirteen weeks on Lighterlife. When I started the end seemed so far away, to be honest it still does, but thirteen weeks seems like a long time to have been on it. It certainly hasn't felt that long. So maybe the next 13 will not be so bad. Initially when I started I thought I'd be on the programme for about 24 weeks, but recently things have slowed down. I was ahead of the game for a while, but have dropped off the pace in the last month.

Today's weigh in was 4lbs down according to the Lighterlife scales. This is still below my expected weekly weight loss, but better then my recent run of 3lb losses. This means I have lost a stone in the last month which would be great on any other diet, but on Lighterlife it's below par. My total loss is now 76lbs

Interestingly my home scales say I have lost only two pounds this week. They've consistently shown a poor weigh loss all week, so I don't know who to believe. I'll go with the Ligherlife measurement since it's more positive, but what I want to see is weight loss every day through the next week. The old days of nearly a pound loss a day were great and I want them back.

I think I've knackered my knee cycling too hard. I've had a twinge for a couple of days, but I cycled fast home yesterday against the wind in a big gear and it hurt a bit today. On the cycle home tonight I was in a bit of discomfort which has stayed with me through the day. I'll rest it for a day or two and see how it goes. I may have a whole week with little exercise to see how that affects my losses. I'm supposed to be having a friendly race with a guy from work on thursday, but if it's this sore I think we'll need to postponne.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Yeah - we have to liten to our bodies. I'm terrified of overdoing it and hurting my knee or something as I'm enjoying the running so much and don't want to jeopardise it. If I feel anything at all I leave it a day or so before trying again.

I'm thinking of getting into biking so not all my exercise eggs are in one basket so to speak. Trouble is with that, can't take the dog and she does (mostly) love her runs!!

Look after yourself.

Lesley x