Wednesday 1 August 2007

Day Eighty Five...

I was back in the office after two days away. I moved my team and myself to a new area in the office to cope with the expansion of my team. However the previous people in the office left a huge mess and the telecoms people didn't supply is with phones. When I arrived in the office today and found that it still wasn't fixed I chucked a wobbly. How can you run an operations department without a phone? After a bad start the day got gradually better. I was giving out the annual salary raises and bonuses and felt a bit like Santa Claus as I called the team in one by one into the grotto meeting room to hand them out.

I cycled in today, the road was busy so I didn't get to go full speed, but I made up for it on the way home. The journey home is slightly uphill, not steep, but enough to notice the difference. Today I just put my legs into overdrive and managed to get home in 17.5 minutes. That's slightly slower than my fastest journey too work and a couple of minute off my best time for going home. Maybe the weight loss is helping. I'm still not as fast as I used to be. Dave, remember that race home after squash when you were in the taxi? I used to speed around London at about 25mph, and that was after 12 miles of cycling and an hour of getting battered around the squash club. Those days will gradually come back.

I'm on my own tonight as the missus is in Holland with work. She'll be back tomorrow night. In the old days this would mean that I would order in a Pizza Hut, or get a KFC on the way home. The first couple of nights I spent on my own when I started Lighterlife were difficult for me. When I was own my own I thought about cheating since nobody woul find out. This time I have no real desire for anything other than my packs. How things change.

Right, I'm off to grab a pack and head to bed with the laptop and watch a movie. I've got a load on there that I'd like to watch, but never seem to have the time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

and if my memory is right you can get caught for speeding even when cycling :)

Dave .........