Tuesday 31 July 2007

Got caught...

Today I was writing my post when the missus popped in the study for a quick chat. She saw Guinea's Blog written at the top and said, "You have a blog"? She was a bit surprised.

When I started this diary I didn't know where it would go, whether it would be a help or a hindrance, or whether I would every reveal who I was. So I kept it a secret. Only one person I know in real life knows it exists, and he's in Australia.

I've been feeling bad about the fact that I never told her about this, and wondered how I ever would. As it turned out, she wasn't to bothered. I asked her not to look in my Lighterlife diary when I got it, and I think she views this in the same way. This is a good thing, I don't want her to know about the latest fishing spend for a while.

As time has gone on I've really valued the time I've spent writing on here and well as reading other's blogs and comments when they come in. I read very few other blogs, but will need to start following the comments on Lesley's and the Mrs' blogs. So, thanks to all the have read and written, I really appreciate it.

3 comments:

Lesley said...

I'm glad you get value out of it. I found mine helpful and still do. If nothing else, it'll be an amazing record of our journeys.

My husband knows I have a blog but don't think he reads it. He could do as it isn't hidden or anything but suspect he doesn't.

I find it reminds me what it's all about - for example now, I've had a poor week but am struggling to re-establish myself in the diet, I read back a few weeks and it seems to have focussed my mind on what's important....and it's not scoffing a few illicit mouthfuls or random rubbish!!

Keep it up mate.

Lesley x

Unknown said...

dude, I enjoy reading your blog, hearing about your successes are just awesome.

On a sidenote I wouldn't worry so much about how much you loose each week, a loss is a loss and you need to focus on that fact - "A LOSS IS A LOSS!!"

mate - 5 f'n stone - wow!

your doing so well, keep it up!

Dave ......

Mrs said...

Hi Guinea

I'm about to do something on your blog! I thought Silent Dave's comment was fab!

It's a tricky one - involving (not involving) your other half. I have been completely open with my husband and sometimes he reads it, sometimes he doesn't.

The post '8 stone chasm' was a risk but he took it on the chin. I'm just mindful not to just paint my side of the story.

Anyway, you're doing really well.

Mrs Lxxxxx