Sunday 8 July 2007

Day Fifty Six...

First thing in the morning I made bacon sandwiches for Dad and the missus. This was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Although I still miss food, I did this after I had my morning foodpack and it was quite easy.

After we'd fed in the morning we headed of to Portree to check out the flooring options and to get my dad to try a few beds out for size. The bed was easy, he wanted the divan bed which he thought was the most comfortable. However, the flooring was harder to decide on. I originally wanted to get wooden flooring, but the shop assistan said if my Dad was unsteady on his feet this would be a bad idea as it's slippy and hard. My Dad has a history of high blood pressure and has dizzy spells and occaissionally has collapsed so we took her advice and went for carpet.

They had a nutty brown carpet on special, so I went for that for his bedroom and the lounge with some stone effect lino for for the kitchen. The total price including the bed, fitting and delivery was under £1000 so I was quite pleased.

At night I made mince and tatties for my Dad and the missus. It's my Dad's favourite and she's never had it before. I didn't have a problem doing it at all. I'm getting used to cooking and not eating.

I then popped off to see a neighbour who looks in on my old man to see how things have been. I spent a couple of hours before going back to the house where the missus told me she'd walked down to the pier with my Dad and watched some otters playing in the bay. I was very jealous as I've never seen the otters there. I'll have to try to see them later.

Nights are weird. When I'm on Skye I spend almost every night in the pub. It's odd trying to think up things to do. Lots of card games seems to be the trick.

No comments: