Sunday 29 July 2007

Day Eighty Two...

I woke up this morning quite early, but feeling refreshed after a long night's sleep. After a quick surf on the internet I decided to head to Decathlon sports shop to get a few things. I wanted to t-shirts and some cycling shorts. The shorts I have are too big, and are falling apart. I also packed my golf clubs, and decided to hit a few balls at the range on the way back.

At Decathlon I didn't see much that I wanted to be honest. I bought a couple of pairs of cycling shorts and a bicycle tool box. I need this as I can't get the pedals off the bike I sold on ebay. I need the pedals off or it doesn't fit it the box.

Once I finished in the sports shop I wend to the golf driving range. I bought 50 balls and selected a bay. I pulled out my seven iron, did a few stretches, a few practice swings and lined up my first shot. This is the first time I've swung a club since I started my diet, so I wondered if it would affect my game. At the end of last year I was playing pretty well so I expected to do ok today. My first shot was a shambles, no height and off to the left. The next load were all exactly the same. It took until about a dozen balls before I finally smacked one up the middle with a good flight. I then gained some consistency and hit a few nice ones before moving on to the driver. I normally hit that quite far but with a fade which carries it to the right, but today they went low and left. It was very confusing. To finish off I took out my five wood and hit them off the ground with no tee. Every one went straight, high and true. It was a good way to finish and head to the putting greens. On the greens my putting was pretty good. I never used to be a good putter, but in recent years I've become dynamite round the greens. Today was no exception. I tried from various distances and over 100 putts. I didn't have the dreaded three-putt once. I found the range made my hands sore. I don't know if that's because I'm weaker than before, or just because I haven't used those muscles for a while.

At home I said goodbye to my old bicycle and packed it away ready for posting tomorrow. I'll take it round to the parcel depot before I go to work in the morning. I hope the knew owners take good care of it.

Now I have to work out what I'm going to spend the £320 I have in my paypal account on!

Oh, my bum still hurts. I've drunk so much water today that it better not happen again.

No comments: