Wednesday 11 July 2007

Day Sixty Four...

I worked through the night and would have normally gone to bed around 0700, unfortunately I had my monthly check in with my GP at 0830 so I had to stay up.

I was knackered when I turned up for my appointment and I thought my doctor might say I looked terrible. Instead, as I walked in the door he said, "you really are losing a lot of weight". We talked about my weight loss, how I was finding it and a little on maintenance. He took my blood pressure and it was still normal. As I left he said, "well done", and thrust out a hand in a congratulatory handshake. I promised to be back in a month and left with a spring in my step.

I then went straight back to bed and slep until about 1.30pm. At this point I got up so I knew I'd sleep tonight and get back to normal. I also had to get into work to talk about a possible merger of departments at work. As I checked in at work the comments about my weight loss kept coming. It's like suddenly everyone has noticed at once that I'm 4.5 stones lighter than I was a couple of months ago.

My meeting lasted a long time and I didn't leave work until around 8pm. I took the tube home for the first time in ages. I only seem to walk or cycle these days. I've just had a shake and made a soup to take to bed. I'm going early with the missus to watch a few episodes of 24 before falling into unconsiousness.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Yeah - I'm remember that time when suddenly I was the big news round the office....it's like a certain amount has to be lost before it is justifiable to comment. I'm glad you got there and so quickly too.

Bet you don't miss the tube?

Lesley x