Friday 13 July 2007

Day Sixty Six...

I went back to bed after working through the night at about quarter to eight and slep through until about 1230 when I was awoken by the telephone. I leaped out of bed, picked up the phone and listened to a series of beeps. I was pretty annoyed and that was my sleep ruined.

I normally don't remember my dreams, but last night I'd set fire to a haystack, then I realised there were kids playing on it so I tried to rescue them. Unfortunately about 30 were killed. I have no idea what that was about.

I logged into work and went through my email. I've recently been given a stack load of responsibilities at work which means that I need to OK every movement on our departments biggest every project. It's a pain in the arse to be honest.

After I'd sorted what I needed to I got on the bike and headed out for a few miles. I went to the bike shop to get a lock, gloves and a new cycle computer. I got the first two things, but the cycle computer will not fit my bike as I have rather strange suspension on my front wheel. I'll take and post some pictures of my bike over the weekend.

I am having my Thai Chili soup as I read this. At the same time I can smell the missus' salmon and pasta cooking and I am jealous. We never buy farmed fish but Tesco and Waitrose have started to sell Wild Alaskan Salmon. Trust me, although it's a little more expensive the difference is worth it. For those who don't know farmed salmon is an environmental nightmare, and it tastes terrible compared to the real thing. http://www.salmonfarmmonitor.org/ The Alaskan Salmon unfortunately has a load of food miles, but I believe it's a better choice.

Right, I'm off to bed to watch a couple of episodes of 24.

No comments: