Thursday 26 July 2007

Day Seventy Nine...

I got a great night's sleep last night and slept right through until about 8.15am without waking up at all. The forecast was for heavy rain so I didn't cycle, instead I headed for the tube. I haven't topped up my Oyster Card for about a month and I realised I still had over £20 on it. All this cycling and walking is really making a difference to my wallet.

Work was hectic as usual, but it's filling with excitement as the launch of our new service gets closer. It's something that in time lots of folk in the UK will use, but at the moment it will be restricted to about 250,000 users for the next few weeks. After that we expect millions of users, and in a few years for it to overtake TV (heh, wishful thinking).

After work the missus and I headed to the opera. Well, kind of. A friend of ours is a professional opera singer. She and some colleagues have a new show which we watched last night. It's a mix of opera, comedy and transvestism all rolled into one. It was great.

So, I'm just back in the door and downing a shake before bed. I've been back drinking loads of water today, but I've only had three packs instead of four. It's just too late to have another or I'll be pissing all night. I seem to average missing 1 to 2 packs a week. This means, after 12 weeks, I have nearly an entire week of food extra. I never deliberately miss a meal, but sometimes I plan badly and end up missing out. Tonight I missed one because I went straight out from work and didn't plan how to get an extra meal in. You do not lose any measurable amount of weight by not taking a pack. You'd have to miss 28 of them to save 1 pound in weight. Instead I miss 25% of my recommended daily amounts of vitamins, minerals and protein so I really need to get my act together and take them.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Oooooh, I was hearing about the Beeb getting into TV on demand through PC's on the news this morning??

I had a problem missing food packs at the beginning but in the last couple of months that has really NOT been an issue! MY LLC was really relaxed about me not buying a full week's supply when I found myself with a surplus after Canada - yours might be similarly relaxed? Or you could surplus on ebay - they fetch good amounts.

Lesley x

Guinea said...

Heh, I've been outed. You guessed correctly.