Wednesday 25 July 2007

Day Seventy Four...

After a busy day on Friday I just wanted to kick back and relax on Saturday and that's exactly what I did. I stayed in and caught up with a few things and watched the Tour de France. On Saturday it was the time trial and I watched it expecting the leader to lose his winning margin and fall back. Instead he managed to ride the cycle of his life and hold on. The winner, Alexander Vinokourov, also seemed to put int he performance of a lifetime and win by a huge margin. This will has since been overshadowed by revelations that he had a blood transfusion just before the race to boost his oxygen levels.

In the evening the missus and I went to the Ealing Blues Festival. This is an annual event in Ealing. There is a big marquee and beer tent and blues bands playing all day. For £1 entry the value is unbeatable. It was a great night. Afterwards our group headed to the pub. This was my first time in an English pub since the ban and the difference was noticeable. The bar seemed to smell of hairspray. I definitely reminded me of a hairdressers. I still feel a bit strange going out to pubs and not drinking, so when people decided to move on to a late night place, I made my excuses and headed home to bed.

No comments: