Thursday 12 July 2007

Day Sixty Five...

Had a nice cycle to work this morning. I pushed it as fast as I could and really worked up a sweat. I think I'm going to get a heart rate monitor for the bike. With a heart rate monitor built into a cycle computer you can monitor your progress and fitness levels over time. I think if I am to stay at my target weight I'll need to have a reason to stay there and work at it. Being able to track my fitness and progress should help me keep motivated.

The cycle home was better than previous days. I still found it very easy to run out of energy, but it seemed less tiring.

We had a large project meeting at the end of the day which had drinks and nibbles supplied. When it was over and we were milling around at the end about half a dozen folk asked how I was losing weight. My standard answer it just drinking water, no booze, sweets or crisps and lots of exercise. Those who pry a little more get my second answer that I'm on a programme that has meal replacement shakes, soups and bars.

Most people seem very impressed, and I love the compliments. However, I do feel a bit of a fraud. It's really not that hard, and even if I get to target weight, I'll have acheived very little until I've managed to maintain for a long time.

Anyway, I'll working again tonight, so I'm off to try to get some sleep or relax for a while.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Fraud schmaud...it might not be hard now but when you get close to the target it'll get harder I'm afraid. Enjoy the breeze while it lasts!

Not to sound too depressing - ther are benefits.

Anyway, it has not always been easy for you - I remember you getting quite down about missing out on various things on your weekend away and, just because you've made it look easy, it doesn't mean that anyone could do it!

Pat yourself on the back and soak up the compliments...you've done this when it's right for you and you've commited whole-heartedly to the programme; that is an achievement in itself.

Well done!

Lesley x