Wednesday 25 July 2007

Day Seventy Three...

I was called first thing in the morning by one of our technology suppliers in Maidenhead to tell em the area was completely flooded and he didn't think it was possible that all the engineers would make it in today. Also there had been a power outage which wasn't protected by the UPS (uninterruptable power supply) and we'd lost a whole load of network and servers.

So my day was very busy as I played the middleman between all of our website executives and the suppliers. It was a bit of a nightmare. However, as a result of this, the night work has been postponned until next week. It's funny, although I called it a nightmare, these are the days I love. Operations folk have a hero mentality, and when the shit hits the fan, work really gets fun.

It seemed that is was the South's time to get wet with this round of flooding. The weather kept me off my bike, but if that's my only inconvenience then I'm happy.

No comments: