Sunday 8 July 2007

Day Sixty...

My bother and his partner arrived at the hotel first thing in the morning in advance of my cousins wedding. I haven't seen him since I started Lighterlife and the first thing he said was that I looked amazing. The funny thing is that today I actually feel that I look good. I got a haircut yesterday and had my first shave in a couple of weeks this morning. I stared back at myself in the mirror andlooked about five years younger than I did last week. The diference is now starting to show.

I put on a pair of jeans in the morning and had to take them off again. They are far too big. When I belt them up the sag all around the belt and are unwearable. Woopee.

I put on a different pair of trousers and headed out with my brother. On the way to out he dropped the news that his missus was pregnant! He's already got one three year old son and now he's going to supply him a brother or sister.

We drove down to the bike shop. He also is a mountain bike fan and I wanted to show him the place. When he saw the bike that I lusted after he demanded I bought it. I told him not to be so daft. I have no way of getting it to London as I have no bike rack. The shopkeeper said he'd throw in a free bike rack. Argh! He also said he'd swap the pedals to my preference and chuck in an air pump for the shock absorbers. I nearly cracked, but did the right thing and headed back to change for the wedding.

I got dressed up in full highland gear for the wedding and drove my mother and the missus tot he church. The service was nice and quick and we were soon heading out to the country for the reception. I hung around for the speeches, but when the meal arrived I disappeared off for a shake and a drive around the area. I got a text from the missus signalling the end of the meal and I returned for the dancing. There is a great tradition of having a Highland Dance band at every wedding and this was no exception. I had a great night dancing all the old traditional favourites and was thoroughly knackered by the end of the night.

By the end of the night I was tired enough to feel pretty dizzy. I felt like I'd pushed it a bit too hard. Lighterlife do say not to do too much strenuous exercise and I think several hours of country dancing is probably too much. By the time I got home I was ready to drop and I slept like a baby all night.

No comments: