Sunday 8 July 2007

Day Fifty Eight...

This was an Early start as I was heading back to Inverness to pick up my kilt. I forgot to mention earlier that I had 5 inches taken off the waist to get it to fit. That's a hell of a lot.

Before I left though I had to move my Dad out of his room and into another bedroom and empty his is preparation of the carpet fitters. This took a couple of hours and was great fun as we went through a lot of my Dad's old stuff. He never throws anything away, so has a treasure trove of old crap.

After we said our goodbyes we headed east to Inverness. The drive from Skye to Inverness is gorgeous. We passed castles, lochs (including Loch Ness), saw buzzards and an eagle and even a seal.

Unfortunately the kilt wasn't ready, but I was promised that I'd get it at 0900 the next morning. We want to spend tomorrow in Glasgow, so we need to pick it up early and get there in enough time to see the place. The wedding is in the West end of Glasgow on Saturday so we've a hotel booked for Friday and Saturday nights.

No comments: