Monday 16 July 2007

Day Sixty Nine...

Back at work...

I have a huge backlog of work that is growing exponentially and seems never to stop coming. There is a light at the end of the tunnel in that I have permission to hire 12 or so new staff, but that'll take months to happen, so in the mean time I've just to struggle on.

Work was pretty good today though. Except for the fact I have 30 CVs to review and all the agencies are calling my up for my decision. Argh, I hate them so much. I'm going to have to rip my phone off the wall. I really hate recruitment consultants. However, I got lots more positive comments about my weight loss. It's funny, people ask either if I've been ill or what I'm doing to lose it. I say I've lost over 60lbs and the usual answer is are you stopping now? When I explain that I've around another 100lbs to go they all think I'm lying. I've been told I'll look daft at anything under 18 stones. Heh, we'll see soon enough. My target is somewhere between 13-14 stones.

A good friend told me he saw me setting up a meeting and didn't recognize me until I spoke. We used to have lunch every day together, but now we hardly see each other as we work at different parts of the building. This reminded me of the fact that since I've started the rogramme I've stopped doing things with blokes. Pretty much all my masculine habbits were pub based. In an attempt to get some bloke company in my life I'm off bowling on mondays. They do an all night deal for £10. I've an understanding mate who's dry at the moment, so we've decided to go together.

No comments: