Monday 16 July 2007

Three Things

There are three things I've noticed recently with being on Lighterlife. These are additional to the physical changes...

1. I am colder. This is weird. I am never cold. From February to November I sleep with the window open and no covers while the missus wraps herself up into a cocoon. Hot summers are hell for me and I can never sleep on the clammy nights. At the moment however, I fight for the covers and my fingers are always chilly like I have bad circulation. These things are apparently a normal side effect of ketosis as you're body shuts down stuff it doesn't need. This include warming up your extremities.

2. I sleep a lot more. I only ever used to sleep seven to seven and a half hours a night maximum. I've never had sleeping problems, but have never been one for lying in. I am never in bed after 0830. This is until now. I can go to bed and sleep for nine or ten hours at the weekend and still feel like dozing off. This again feels a bit weird.

2. My shit is too wide. Regardless of how much water I drink going to the loo hurts. I am still regular, but it is a slow and uncomfortable process. I've heard of others on Lighterlife with the same problem and apparently it's another well known side effect of Low Calorie Diets.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cold thing I say because we have lost our insulation!! I was always the one that complained at work about the heating and it being too hot now I am freezing and wear long sleeves nearly all the time....Sleeping - I always was a heavy along sleeper so no change there. I agree on the toilet!! Good Luck and well done

Lesley said...

Not noticed the sleep thing but the others - tick, tick!

I've got another one - my hair is falling out in greater than normal amounts. I'm told it's normal and not permanent but I'm not happy to see my normally thick tresses reduced to skimpy proportions!

Going to go and have a restyle to minimise the effect!

Hey ho - getting thin sure is hard....

Lesley x