Saturday 14 July 2007

Day Sixty Seven...

Finally, the weekend. I'd decided I was going to buy a bike computer with a built in heart rate monitor today. They were on sale at my local bike shop at around £240. Before I purchased it I did a quick google and found I could get it online for about £190, so I decided to order it there instead of getting it today. Then for some reason I tried one of the price comnparison websites and found it at Boots for £109.99 with free delivery and 500 points onto the missus' points card thing. Bargain. I normally take ages deciding what I want, but when I do make the desicion I need it now. But in this case I'm happy to wait a few days.

Here's a link to the Garmin 305 at boots.

I went for a quick 5 mile or so loop around Ealing and Brentford this afternoon on the new bike. When I get the GPS I think I'll use it as a benchmark to see how my performance goes.

I took photos of my old bike after I hosed it down and stuck it on ebay. I've no idea what the value of bikes second hand are, but someone is going to get a bargain. I've a feeling I'll be lucky to get a 1/4 of its real value.

The missus is just back from paintballing with her workmates and I've run a bath to ease her muscles, so I better run off and see how she's doing.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

You know - even though you haven't been doing the regime for that long, you already sound quite different in tone to how you did at the beginning. It's obvious that you've always had loads of interests etc but now you sound more purposeful and less diffident when you talk about your activities and there is even more energy in your written tone (if that makes any sense).

Have you noticed any differences in your outlook yourself?

Lesley x