Wednesday 15 August 2007

Day Ninety Seven...

Monday's are always a busy day. I first have to check what went wrong over the weekend and process all the incidents. I have to plan the week ahead and hand over the tasks to the team as well as our suppliers. It's also the day I have all my routines with management and my peers as well as operational meeting with suppliers. In short it's hectic.

I don't know why I arranged it like that, but it seems to have evolved into some huge beast. Monday's are bad for most people, but it's the most important day of the week for me.

This Monday was a little different though. I was at an away day with the other technical managers. I had a presentation prepared and went through all the changes that I've been working on recently. It got the agreement I hoped. I also mentioned that I'd be leaving their area in a restructuring that will be announced later. I still don't know my position in the new structure, but have been promised a promotion.

The away day was pretty good. They laid on pastries, biscuits, pub lunch and beer afterwards. I had a lemon bar and four litres of water. One of our guests asked why I wasn't drinking and I said I was on a health kick. He asked how much weight I'd lost I guessed at about 35kg (he's a Kiwi). He was pretty amazed and asked if he could get in touch with the staff newspaper to do a story on me. I said it might be better wait for a bit, but was pretty pleased that he thought it was such a big deal. I might send him this blog address to see what he thinks.

I got home late and read a few things for work, but failed miserably to catch up on my email. I have got my unread items down to 90. Tomorrow looks busy, so I may not get through it.

No comments: