Tuesday 28 August 2007

Day One Hundred and Six...

Wednesday was a fairly rushed day.

I got up and packed for my trip to Skye. I checked the forecast and decided not to bother with the kayak or my fishing rods. I was looking forward to getting out onto the water, but it simply didn't look worth it.

I left all my packed gear on the bed and went to work. The plan was that the missus would drive home at lunch and pack her stuff and mine into the car. We'd then leave together. However, she couldn't get away from work and we were both later getting home than we'd like so we didn't actually leave the flat until quarter to seven. So we got snagged in traffic on the north circular as England fans headed to Wembley for the football. The M1 wasn't much better.

Eventually we got to my Aunt's in Carlisle around 1130. To be honest I pretty much did 90 the whole way up. Not great for the fuel economy, but I couldn't keep my Aunt up all night waiting for us.

We took it in shifts to drive. When it was my turn to be a passenger I played on my new Nintendo DS. I was bought one as a present from the missus the other day in celebration of my new job. Normally we'd go for a meal and a drink, but this was a fine substitute.

On arrival we made idle chit chat for half an hour, but after I'd had my pack, all I wanted to do was go to bed. Sleep came pretty quickly that night.

No comments: