Friday 10 August 2007

Day Ninety Four...

I headed to work nice and early this morning to start work. I had to be there in good time since I was interviewing most of the day. The central line on the underground was a bit screwed up, so I only just made it in time before my first interview was scheduled. I turned up and sat at my desk. Within about one minute my first interviewee arrived. He turned out to be very good. This is both a good and a bad thing. What I'd like to do now is cancell all other interviews rather than waste time when I already have someone I'm happy with. Unfortunately we're not allowed to do that, so I had to go through with 'fair selection'. As it turns out almost all the candidates were good. The first guy got the job, but only just.

The rest of the day was fairly normal. I fancied going for a walk at lunch to eat my bar, but forgot until it was too late. I wanted to get more step in since I wasn't on my bike and my knee isn't up to walking the whole distance home, especially since I had to carry home some stuff from work.

The stuff I had to carry home was my laptop so I could be ready for a presentation I am giving on monday at a management away day. The other package is my trolley for the kayak. I got a C-Tug. This is basically a small set of wheels you can place you kayak on when carrying it to the water. It makes life a lot easier. I bought it on Ebay with some excess money I have in my paypal account. Paypal cash isn't real money...

I looked out my camera for my brother tonight and fired off a couple of test shots to check it was all working. Unfortunately in the process of doing this it broke down. I wasn't to bothered as I haven't used it for a couple of years, but my brother was gutted. He asked me to look up to see if I could get it repaired. While doing my research I found that Sony have an active recall on this exact problem. It looks like I'll be getting it fixed for free. This is great news. The camera was the best digital camera available when I bought it, so I'm glad it'll get a new home.

I've been looking at places to go kayaking tomorrow. I've been recommended Poole Harbour. But I've also thought about heading to the River Medway. Both of these places are fairly sheltered and should allow me to have some safe fun.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Have a great day whatever you do - photos??

Lesley x